If you run a business where you store vehicles for short or extended periods of time, you’ll need to make sure you have insurance to cover these vehicles. Garagekeepers insurance will make sure that you are protected if a customer’s vehicle is damaged while it is at your business or in your possession.
Protecting Your Valuable Customer’s Vehicles
Your customer’s vehicle will be protected while it is in your possession from the following scenarios:
- Extreme Weather Damage
Garagekeepers insurance does not cover any damage from faulty workmanship or parts. It will also not cover the personal contents of your customers’ vehicles. This includes but is not limited to glovebox contents, items in the trunk, and non-factory stereo equipment.
You can add additional insurance to help cover these items if you find it beneficial to your business.
To determine what options are best for your business, you’ll want to speak with one of the garagekeepers insurance specialists at Van Leer & Edwards Insurance Services. They’ll provide the guidance you need to keep your business protected.
What Businesses Need
The types of businesses that need garagekeepers insurance vary from state to state. It’s best to get in contact with one of our specialists at Van Leer & Edwards for more details.
- Auto Repair Shops
- Tow Truck Operators
- Auto Body Shops
- Car Detailing Operators
- Mobile and Brick-and-mortar Auto Glass Installers
- Oil Change and Lube Shops
- Vehicle Painting or Wrapping Operations
- Sound Repair or Car Stereo Installation Shops
- Emissions Testing Sites
- Auto Interior Restoration Shops
Ways to Reduce Garagekeepers
All business owners know the importance of a well-constructed business insurance plan. To help limit your liability, here are some tips to help avoid having to ever file a garagekeepers insurance claim:
- Enact active fire prevention policies. Make sure that your fire extinguishers and smoke detectors are working properly.
- Install a video surveillance system to help deter vandalism and theft.
- Make sure your business’ exterior is well lit at night and after-hours.
- Hire qualified employees with clean driving records.
- Ensure that you have the proper insurance policies in place to cover your employee in the event of an accident.